Engaging Students in the Online Classroom
Outline of the session:
This session will demonstrate and share ideas for engaging students in synchronous online virtual classrooms. We will look at types of learning activities during online classes that can support student engagement and foster a community of learning. This session is not tool specific and will look at the concept of planning and delivering an engaging online class.
We will look at key activities such as:
- Kick-starting dialogue through polls,
- Productive use of time in breakout groups
- Student as producer; keeping students active in their learning,
- Empowering student peer sharing and learning.
- To identify activities and behaviour to support student engagement,
How to book
Due to upgrades happening across University systems, you will not be able to book these training sessions via the usual HR training site. You can now use our dedicated booking form to register for each course. Once completed you will receive a dedicated calendar invite in your diary.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com (opens in a new tab)