Adding Content to Blackboard: Content Areas
The site menu contains links to content areas such as Learning Materials and Assessments where materials and resources can be added. Folders can be created within content areas to organise materials for example by week, topic or resource type.
- When accessing an empty content area, it will display an “It’s time to add content” message.
- Ensure Edit Mode is on.
- The create content menu buttons will be visible.
- The Build Content menu shows the different types of content that can be added to your site.
- Item: The most common content type can include formatted text, images, weblinks, multimedia, and files.
- File: Add a file including audio and video.
- Content Folder: It is recommended that content is organised in to content folders to ensure ease of navigation.
- Mashups: Embed external content from YouTube, Flickr or SlideShare.
- The Assessment button allows you to add a test or survey, or set up a Turnitin UK electronic submission area for student work.
- The Tools list a number of specific Blackboard features and tools that encourage interactivity and collaboration. These include discussion boards, wikis, blogs, Panopto video and Blackboard Collaborate.
- Note: Content areas remain hidden to students until content has been added. The icon shown on to the left of the navigation link means that the content area has been hidden. This will be removed once the content area is live.