Creating a Sign-Up Sheet
A sign up sheet is Blackboard’s digital version of a paper sign up sheet on a noticeboard. This tool allows students to sign up for things such as a field trip or groups for assessment.
Create a Self-Enrol Group Set
- Login into Blackboard and navigate to the Module site where you wish to create a sign up sheet.
- From the Control Panel on the module site, click on Users and Groups and select Groups.
- Click Create -> Group Set -> Self-Enrol.
- Enter the name (e.g. Sign-up Sheet).
- Tick Sign-up Sheet Only.
- Tick the collaborative tools you want the groups to have access to.
- Enter the name of the Sign-Up Sheet (e.g. Presentation Group)
- Add any relevant instructions.
- Ensure ‘Allow students to sign-up from the Groups Listing Page’ is selected.
Creating a Linked Group
- Go to the desired content area where you want to place the Sign Up Sheet.
- Click Tools -> Groups.
- Tick ‘Link to a Group or Group Set and select Sign Up Sheet. Press Submit.