Creating, Editing and sharing collections
LinkedIn Learning can create collections (playlists) to share with others from the organisation. A collection is a group of videos or courses that have been collated together. You can also add your own content (documentation or video).
Creating a collection
Please follow the instructions below to create a collection.
1. Visit http://lncn.ac/lillogin and login using your University Credentials (Your usual University email and password)
2. Click your profile in the top right-hand corner and choose ‘collections’
3. Click ‘Create New Collection’
4. Add a title and description to your collection
Adding content to a collection
Adding a full course to a collection
To add a full course to a collection please follow the instructions below
1. Find the course you would like to add by searching for a title or topic
2. Click the ‘…’ next to the course name and click ‘Add to your content’.
3. Click the ‘+Add’ button next to the collection you would like to add the content to. This will add the entire course to the collection
Adding a video to a collection
Individual videos can be added to a collection to make a more personalised playlist. Please follow the instructions below to add a video to a collection.
1. Find a video that you would like to add to a collection.
2. On the left hand side of the video click contents, find the video you would like to add and click the bookmark icon that appears when you hover over the video. This will then save the course to your profile.
3. Visit ‘My Learning’ and click the ‘saved’ menu item to view all saved videos and courses.
4. Find the video you would like to add to a collection, then click the ‘Add to’ button.
5. Choose the collection and click ‘+Add’ to place the video in that collection.
Editing a collection
1. Click your profile in the top right-hand corner followed by the collections element in the drop down menu.
2. If you want to edit the name and description click the ‘…’ then choose ‘edit’. If you would like to edit the videos in your collection, choose the collection you would like to alter from the list provided.
3. If you would like to delete a video or a course you can click the ‘x’ in the top right hand corner
Sharing your collection
Collections can be shared with anyone who has access to LinkedIn Learning. Follow the instructions below to share the collection with other staff and students.
1. Click your profile in the top right hand corner followed by the collections element in the drop down menu.
2. Find the name of the collection you would like to share. Click the share button in the bottom right hand corner.
3. This will bring up the sharing menu. Automatically the collection is only visible to yourself. You can choose the level of visibility. Either only visible to you, the University of Lincoln or All LinkedIn members. If you are sharing with students or other staff we recommend using the ‘University of Lincoln’ setting.
4. Once you have chosen your visibility level you will be given a link which you can share with others
You can change the visibility of your collection at any point.
If you choose to share your collection with all LinkedIn members your collection will be able to be searched. Sharing your collection with All LinkedIn members will give you two sharable links. One for the University of Lincoln and one for learners outside the organisation.