Managing your Panopto Portfolio
This guide outlines how to manage your portfolio of Panopto videos. The process involves categorising your existing videos into two groups (deleting and moving) and then taking the related action.
Do note that:
- the deleting of videos can be done at anytime as can the moving of videos to other sites in the same academic year, but moving sites to future academic year versions of the same sites (e.g. moving from ACC2015M-2021 to ACC2015M-2122) can only be done once the sites for the next academic year are available.
- the process of evaluating, deleting and moving needs to be repeated for each module.
Accessing your video portfolio
- Login to Blackboard.
- Go to one of your module sites from the current academic year.
- Go to the Panopto area of the Blackboard site.
- Hit the arrow in the top right-hand corner. This will open the embedded Panopto page in a new browser tab and provide you with additional functionality.
- Review your video content and decide which to keep and which to delete.
Deleting videos from your portfolio
- To delete, hover your cursor over each video you wish to delete in turn, and tick the box that appears in the top left corner for each video.
- Once you have selected all the videos you wish to delete, click ‘Delete’ on the top menu bar.
Moving videos from your portfolio from one Bb site to another
NOTE: Videos can only be moved to Bb sites that you are enrolled on as an Instructor.
- As with Step 1 in the deletion workflow, to move a video, hover your cursor over each video you wish to move in turn, andtick the box that appears in the top left corner for each video.
- Once you have selected all the videos you wish to move, click ‘Move’ on the top menu bar
- Enter the module code for the site you wish to move to in the “Move Session To’ box.
- Click Move.
Editing existing videos in your portfolio for re-use
- Go to the module site where you moved the videos to.
- Hover your mouse in the area next to the video so that the icons (Settings etc) appear. Click Edit.
- From here, you can do over twenty types of editing. It can be helpful to categorise these into the following types of editing.
- Common tasks: This would involve simply changing the title to reflect the new purpose to which you are re-using it for or trimming the video to remove parts that are no longer relevant, as well as adding quizzes to the video to make them interactive. It could also involve correcting the captions.
- Going further tasks: This could involve adding clips, splicing clips, using the Focus Tool and inserting webpages into your videos.
- Advanced tasks: This could involve normalizing variables level of audio and adding streams.
The twenty plus different possibilities along with links to guidance are below. It is advised to start with the Common tasks. These require a small learning curve only and are low time intensive.
Using the video editor
- How to Add ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) Captions
- How to Upload a Caption File for a Video
- How to Manually Caption Sessions
- How to Edit a Video
- How to Trim a Video
- How to Add a Quiz
- How to Use the Focus Tool
- How to Add a Table of Contents
- How to Use Smart Chapters
- How to Change the Name of a Video
- How to Change Video Descriptions
- How to Change the Preview Image of a Video
Going further tasks
- How to Add and Edit Slides
- How to Use Add a Clip to Splice Multiple Sessions Together
- How to Embed a YouTube Video into a Panopto Video
- How to Embed a Webpage Into a Video
- How to Upload a PDF Into a Video
- How to Embed Panopto Capture into your Video for Recorded Feedback
- How to Create a New Video Version