QUICK TIP: Uploading Rubric Files (.rbc) to Turnitin
If someone sends you a rubric file (.rbc), you can upload this to Turnitin to use in your own assessments. Please note: This kind of file cannot be opened on your PC and can only be accessed once upload to Turnitin. In addition, the file name you have used to save the file on your PC will not be the name of the rubric on Turnitin, this will default to whichever name the original creator used when setting up the rubric before they sent it to you.
- Go to your Blackboard module site and find a Turnitin Submission point.
- Open the Turnitin submission and click the cog icon to the top right to edit the submission point
- Scroll down to ‘Optional Settings’ and open this section.
- Find the ‘Rubric/Form Manager’ button and press it, this will open the rubric manager.
- An unrelated rubric will open in the editor, but don’t worry about this. Look to the top right where there is an arrow button.
- Click the arrow icon and note that you are given two options ‘Import’ and ‘Export’.
- Under the ‘Import’ section, you can select a file from your desktop to upload.
- Once the file has uploaded, you can close the window.
- Your Rubric will now show in your list of rubrics dropdown.
- When setting up a new Turintin Assignment, choose this rubric from the dropdown under ‘Optional Settings’. Remember it will be named in the same way as when the original creator set it up, not the name you may have used when you saved the file.