Settings Automatic Captions on Panopto
This helpsheet details the steps involved in enabling automatic captions on your Panopto videos.
There is a benefit for all staff and students at the University, if you choose to enable automatic captions on your video content uploaded to Panopto. The guide below will show you how to easily enable automatic captioning on your videos.
- Navigate to your module site on Blackboard, where the video you wish to caption has been uploaded. Ensure Edit Mode is on.
- The create content menu buttons will be visible.
- Navigate to ‘Panopto’ on the sidebar of your module site within Blackboard.
- You will see all the videos that have been loaded onto your module site.
- Hover over the video you wish to add captions to and click “Edit”
- The video editor will open in a new window/tab. On the side menu click ‘Captions’
- From the dropdown menu that loads, choose ‘Import Automatic Captions’.
- Your captions will be added to the video.
- Click ‘Apply’ on the top menu to approve your changes.
- This will add automatic captions to your videos for all viewers to access.