Recommendations for sharing Bb Module Content with students in China
Some students based in China may have difficulty accessing module content (PPT, Word docs) uploaded to Blackboard. China-based students have reported that OneDrive (part of O365) may be a better solution.
This guide details how to setup a One Drive folder for your module.
- Go to 365.lincoln.ac.uk and log in
- Click on the OneDrive icon
- Create a parent folder called ‘20/21’ by clicking ‘New’ and ‘Folder’.
- Within there, create a child folder and title it in this format: module code – module name (e.g. MGT3254M-2021 – Management)
- Click the ‘Share’ option and choose ‘People in the University of Lincoln with the link’ and do not tick ‘Allow Editing’.
- Click Apply
- On the next screen, click Copy Link
- On your Blackboard module site, go to the Module Content section and add a ‘Web link’.
- Name the web link ‘Module Content – China-based students’ and paste in the URL
- Click ‘Submit’
- Move the Web Link to the very top of the page by dragging it up.
- Go back to One Drive.
- Create weekly folders (e.g. Week 1, Week 2) using the folder creation process detailed in Step 2.
- Upload your materials using drag-and-drop.