External Examiner access to Bb Ultra
This guide is for those programmes where External Examiners are given access to the Bb sites. For details of UoL policies and protocols around external examiners, please see External Examiners – Office of Quality, Standards and Partnerships (lincoln.ac.uk) For advice on local practice, please consult the School Director of Teaching and Learning.
This guide is split into several steps.
- Adding the External Examiner as a User on Bb module sites
- Navigation tips for External Examiners on Bb Ultra
PART ONE: Adding the External Examiner as a User on Bb module sites
As all External Examiners are given UoL accounts, adding an external examiner is no different than adding a colleague.
- Go the Bb Ultra site
- In the ‘Details and Actions’ area, click ‘View everyone on your site’
3. On the next screen, click the ‘+’ icon.
4. On the next screen, enter the person’s name and allocate them the External Examiner role.
PART TWO: Navigation tips for External Examiners on Bb Ultra
This subsection details some tips for navigating Blackboard.
- Visit https://blackboard.lincoln.ac.uk/ultra and login with your UoL credentials
- In the ‘My Bb Sites’ area, you can see the sites you have been given access to.
- If the site you want is there, click onto it to access.
- If access is needed to additional sites, please contact the programme leader.
Accessing Blackboard Content (PPTs, Module Handbooks etc)
- The four key navigational aspects of a Bb site are detailed here: Navigate Inside a Course | Blackboard Help
- On the Bb site, click ‘Grade Centre’ on the top menu bar. A list of assignments display (some may be formative).
- Click on to the name of the desired assignment and the assignment inbox opens in a new window.
- If a Turnitin Submission, the interface is then the same as on non-Bb Ultra sites.
- If a Blackboard Assignment or Test, the interface is similar in terms of options to that on a non-Bb Ultra site.