The Grade Centre Overview
The Grade Centre is a feature on every Blackboard site where grades for assignments, tests and surveys are displayed. This helpsheet provides an overview of Grade Centre features and functions.
The Grade Centre
The Grade Centre can be used to:
- Automatically record the scores of online tests.
- Manually record grades for assignments.
- Manage the overall assessment of the course.
- Export the grade book to Excel.
- Import revised spreadsheets back into the Blackboard site.
- Weight Scores by individual items or categories.
Why use the Grade Centre?
- Students are able to access their grades and feedback 24/7.
- It can calculate final grades, without complex formulas in a spreadsheet, using a weighted calculation column.
- Multiple colleagues can enter grades and manage the assignments.
Grade Centre Columns
Creating a test, survey or Turnitin assignment will automatically create a column in the Grade Centre where the marks will be displayed. Items can be excluded from Grade Centre calculations or manually removed from the Grade Centre.
Scores for tests are automatically entered on completion. When a written assignment is submitted a yellow alert icon will display to indicate the item requires marking. The grade can be entered after marking the assignment.
View User Statistics
You can get an overview of an individual students’ grades by clicking the down arrow next to the student’s name in the left hand column and selecting user statistics from the menu. You can also see statistics for an individual assignment by clicking the down arrow next to the assignment name in the column header and selecting column statistics.