Updating Your Profiles
UoL Staff Directory Profile
As an OLF, you should maintain your UoL Staff Directory profile. This is not in Canvas, but on the University platform and parts of it are visible to the public
You can access the Staff Directory two ways.
- Sign into the Gateway using your UoL email credentials, and scroll down to Staff Directory.
- In your browser, search for the UoL Staff Directory (or https://staff.lincoln.ac.uk/) Login using your UoL email credentials.
Once in the directory, search for your name and click on the ‘Profile Editor’ at the top of the page. Please note, any changes may take up to an hour to update.
You can update some aspects of your profile in Canvas, including preferred name and profile picture. Some Module Leaders ask that you use (OLF) after your name to identify your role more clearly in discussion forums.
- On your dashboard, select your account icon in the left menu. Click on ‘Profile’ in the new menu. Then click on ‘Edit Profile’ in the top right corner.
Update your details in the required fields. If desired, preferred personal pronouns can be selected from the drop down box. In the ‘Title’ textbox, enter “Online Learning Facilitator.” To upload a profile picture, click on the ‘Profile’ icon. Click on ‘Save Profile’.
You may also be asked to supply a photograph and short biography for inclusion in a module. This is used to introduce the teaching team to students.
Your photograph should be:
- head/shoulders rather than a long shot
- a good resolution so it doesn’t pixilate
- portrait rather than landscape
Your biography should:
- be written in the first person (I/me/my)
- be prose rather than bullet points
- be between 140 and 220 words
- include relevant teaching/employment history, research or specialised subject interests
These should be sent to Steve Cameron at email@example.com for upload. Please note, photographs and text may be edited for consistency or formatting purposes. Should you wish to change either photographs or text at any time, please email Steve.