Digital Education Support
Digital Education supports colleagues across the University to get the most out of the available technologies for teaching and learning, share best practice and inspire experimentation with new digital enhanced teaching practices. The team also provides support in the initiation and delivery of the University’s online programmes.
Each College has a dedicated Digital Education Developer to support the use of digital tools for teaching and learning and our Consultancy and Engagement services help facilitate the development and implementation of online teaching and learning. Student Video Support Assistants also form part of the team and are available for Panopto support and video creation.
To find out more about each of these support services click on the buttons below.
Each college has a dedicated Digital Education Developer to act as a contact for support, advice and practical input into effective strategies to enhance teaching and learning with technology support issues. Winners of the 2020 Blackboard Catalyst Award for Teaching and Learning.
- Support staff in the implementation of the digital education strategies, reducing technical barriers and enabling effective practice.
- Support the use of different technologies for education through the delivery of workshops, production of guides, and one-to-one staff mentoring.
- Support the development of digital capabilities via Continuing Professional Development training sessions for staff and students to foster and enhance digital education.
Supports enhancing digital pedagogic practice for distance and blended learning courses. Working in partnership with academic colleagues, the team offer consultancy in the creation and delivery of enhanced digital education strategies.
- The planning and design of digital education (through consultancy and workshops: ABC Curriculum Design Workshop (YouTube), ABC (Page)
- Facilitate the sharing of academic practice to inspire and inform: e.g Digital Leads (YouTube)
- Facilitate the development and implementation of effective online learning.
- Provide support for innovative practice and exploration of new approaches.
The team provides operational leadership, project management and lead on business process improvement programmes for University wide online teaching projects, often working with external partners, such as the University wide online programmes or micro-credentials initiatives. We support these projects through the project life cycle from initiation and business case development through to the delivery of benefits working closely with PVCs, Heads of School and Professional Services areas.
We deliver student and course administration services for the University’s online programmes through a hub and spoke operating model; we work closely with Programme Leaders, Module Coordinators, and key college and school administrators in the day to day delivery of the online programmes providing module administration, financial management and programme management and we manage the resourcing and training of the community of Online Learning Facilitators.
The Digital Education & Student Life team are currently working with a team of students to help staff across the University by providing video support and creating video content.
The VSA (Video Support Assistant) service are available to support video-based learning. Staffed by current Lincoln students, the team were awarded second place in the 2018 Association of Learning Technology Team of the Year Award.
Past projects include:
Bella Helle – Medieval Seals and Their Secrets (YouTube) Shortlisted in the Learning on Screen Awards 2020 within the Education Film Award (Universities and Colleges) category.
Below is a list of staff in the Digital Education team. If you would like to find out more information about each staff member click on their name to follow through to their staff profile page.