The Digital Education Developers support teaching and learning across the University. In addition to providing support for the specific colleges and schools to which they are aligned, the Digital Education Developers manage and maintain the University’s learning technology tool set (Blackboard, Turnitin, Panopto, Padlet, Poll Everywhere etc.). At Lincoln, we also have two Digital Education Developers who have specific responsibility for looking after online programme delivery via the Canvas VLE and the Lincoln Medical School.
The Digital Education Developers
Below you can find a list of our Digital Education Developers and the areas they support:
- Chavan Kissoon, Senior Digital Education Developer – College of Social Science / Lincoln International Business School – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Atkinson, Digital Education Developer – College of Arts – email@example.com
- Luke Kidger, Digital Education Developer – College of Science – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Digital Education Developers supporting teaching and learning within their respective college and across the wider university. Their work includes:
- Support teaching and learning delivery when related to the use of digital tools
- Support for the VLE, Blackboard, and troubleshooting technical queries
- Running University-wide CPD sessions on a number of themes related to digital
- Running bespoke CPD sessions and workshops for schools and colleges on a range of topics related to digital
- Supporting and maintaining a core suite of digital tools used at Lincoln, including Turnitin, Panopto, Poll Everywhere, Padlet and H5P
- Support for online webinars and teaching events using Collaborate Ultra and MS Teams
- Support with managing and interrogating data from Blackboard and other digital tools
- Supporting colleagues with the transition between academic years, including creating new module sites, running introductory workshops, and enrolling staff
Book in with our Digital Education Developers
The Digital Education Developers are now piloting a booking system via Microsoft Booking where you can request support for specific projects, workshops or other bespoke purposes. Outside the services and tasks listed above, the Digital Education Developers are available to support you with your teaching and learning delivery, any technical problems you may experience while using Blackboard or any other digital tools.
Please use the link to the left to access the booking system and request some additional support.