Creating a Turnitin Submission Point
Turnitin is an online tool for students to submit their assignments. Turnitin includes a number of useful features including plagiarism detection and online marking tools.
- Login into Blackboard and navigate to the Module site you wish to create a Turnitin Submission point in.
- From the module site click on the Assessments tab on the navigation pane.
- Click on the Assessments tab along the top of the area and choose Turnitin Assignment.
- For a standard submission point choose Paper Assignment and click Next Step.
- Give your Assignment title a name
- Point value refers to the score you want to mark out of.
- Start date refers to when the submission point will be available to accept submissions.
- Due date refers to the hand in date due by the students.
- Post date refers to the day the results and any feedback will be made available to the students.
- Click Additional options to setup how the originality report will be created. Hover the mouse cursor over the blue circle icon at the end of each section for a full description on that option.
Note: Reveal grades to students only on post-date, should be set to YES. Otherwise, the grades will be revealed to all students as soon as you enter them.
- Click Submit when you are happy with all the options.
- The submission point has been created click OK to go back to the assignments content area.
- The Turnitin submission point you just created will be placed at the bottom of the content in the content area.