Functionality and Sharing Content in Collaborate Ultra
This helpsheet details some of the extra functionality of Collaborate Ultra including sharing content.
- Click the Collaborate Panel in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A navigation pane will open on the right-hand side of the screen with four sections. The four tabs allow you to:
- Access the chat, this includes a moderator only section (speech bubble icon).
- Access the Participants List. Staff will automatically be Moderators and students will be Participants. These roles are assigned from the Blackboard module sites assigned permissions. You can promote and demote individual users during your session if needed, for example to make a student a presenter.
- The Share Content tab offers a variety of functions to share content and bring interactivity to the session, this includes:
- Share Blank Whiteboard enables the whiteboard canvas that allows participants to add text, draw like they would on a whiteboard in the classroom.
- Share Application enables the presenter to share an application (e.g. Word, PPT) or their entire screen.
- To share a file, click Share Files and then Add Files. Images, PowerPoint and PDF files can be added.
- The Polling option always you to poll participants. Click the Polling icon, choose the type of poll and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Breakout groups allow you to automatically create and populate smaller rooms. You can auto populate these rooms with students or manually add participants to specific rooms. As a moderator, you can jump in and out of these rooms by selecting the group you wish to join. This allows you to view and monitor the group discussions. Clicking the stop icon in the Breakout Groups main area will automatically bring all the participants back into the one main room again.
- If you have set sessions to record, Blackboard will automatically process the recording and make the video accessible on the module site. To view any past recordings go the Collaborate Ultra link you created on the side bar, but instead of clicking Join Room click the 3 white lines icon above the Course room.