This is the Turnitin section of the Resources Hub. This page will give you an overview of the tool, links to help and support guide, frequently asked questions and related articles/videos.
Turnitin is the leading provider of text-matching software, designed to support students with their academic writing and assist in the detection of plagiarism. Turnitin is fully integrated into Blackboard and is the recommended method for student submissions of text based assignments. Below are some features of Turnitin:
- Originality Check – The originality Report is generated follwiing a comparison between the text of submission against a database and will highligh text which matches entries in their database
- GradeMark Digital Assessment – GradeMark allows instructors to quickly grade and provide feedback on Student’s submissions
- PeerMark – PeerMark enables instructors to allow students to read, review and evaluate each others work.
Resources & Guides
- A guide for external examiners to Blackboard and Turnitin
- Accessing Turnitin Assignments for Marking
- Creating a Turnitin Submission Point
- Introduction to Turnitin
- Marking Anonymous Submissions by Group on Turnitin
- Submitting to Turnitin on a Student’s Behalf
- Turnitin Paper View Request Guidance
- Turnitin: Creating Rubrics within Turnitin
- Turnitin: Interpreting Originality Reports from Turnitin
- Utilising the Rubric Templates on Turnitin