How to use Turnitin to develop an assessment feedback format with students
Challenge: Working with students to make effective use of feedback
This activity uses Turnitin to work collectively with students in order to design an assessment feedback format that works effectively for them. Once this format was identified, it was developed and used across the entire school for consistency.
ABC – Collaboration Type Activity
This activity relates to the ABC activity type of collaboration which embraces mainly discussion, practice and production. Building on investigations and acquisition it is about taking part in the process of knowledge building itself.
Activity in practice:
Academic: Dr Kirsty Miller
School: School of Psychology
The academic worked in conjunction with students to create a new assessment feedback template. Once the template was agreed this was then used on all modules across the school to keep consistency.
To find out in more detail how this activity was embedded. Click here
▼▼ Scroll down to find more instructions on preparing & running this activity ▼▼
Benefits of activity:
- Consistency of feedback presentation across the school
- Improved quality of information and feedback
Instructions & Related Resources
Below you will find some instructions relating to the activity mentioned above to enable you to adapt this activity for your subject area. This is split into three sections for your convienience: Preparing the activity, running the activity and related resources. Feel free to let the digital education team know how you have adapted this activity.
Creating and setting up the feedback form
- Set up a working group of students and teachers to explore how current assessment feedback methods can be improved
- Based on these findings, create a new feedback template form
- Set this up in Turnitin (see helpsheets below)
- Plan how you will transition all staff to the new method of providing feedback, providing training as necessary, and ensure all staff area aware of the benefits.