How to use presentation software to share artefacts.
Challenge: How can students design an virtual exhibition.
This activity uses presentation tools to help students develop their own unique virtual online exhibition. This online exhibition is then used to assess the students understanding of the concepts taught.
ABC – Production Type Activity
This activity relates to the ABC activity type of production.
This activity will produce and outcome/output.
Activity in practice:
Academic: Sarah Longair
School: School of History & Heritage
Sarah Longair helped her students create an online virtual event by choosing six objects from physical & online spaces as well as collections. Each student wrote a 100 word label for each object with an introduction to the whole collection. Students were able to use presentation tools to share the information with the public. An essay was also created to explain their choices of object and why they created that collection.
To find out in more detail how this activity was embedded. Click here
Benefits of the activity
- Allows students to approach an assessment using a variety of mediums.
- Students could choose to create a collection based on personal interest.
- Relates to future employability skills.
Instructions & Related Resources
Below you will find some instructions relating to the activity mentioned above to enable you to adapt this activity for your subject area. This is split into three sections for your convenience: Preparing the activity, running the activity and related resources. Feel free to let the digital education team know how you have adapted this activity.
Preparing the Activity
- Outline the activity and have it approved by appropriate bodies in the school.
- Prepare a framework for the assessment
- Research and plan how to run the activity; how will it work, how the assessment will be submitted and what the expected student outcomes are.
- Consider which range of technologies to use and why (i.e. powerpoint, xerte etc.)
- Develop clear and explicit instruction what is expect of the students, including recommendation on technologies and apps that they might choose to use and the format of their online exhibition
- Ensure access to IT support for students/staff is available.
Please note that a wide variety of softwares can be used to fulfil this activity. We have placed links to some of these below.
Link | Creating a Video Using Adobe Spark Creator | LinkedIn Learning Course
Link | Powerpoint Tutorial | LinkedIn Learning Course