Engaging Students in the Online Classroom
Outline of the session:
This session will demonstrate and share ideas for engaging students in synchronous online virtual classrooms. We will look at types of learning activities during online classes that can support student engagement and foster a community of learning. This session is not tool specific and will look at the concept of planning and delivering an engaging online class.
We will look at key activities such as:
- Kick–starting dialogue through polls,
- Productive use of time in breakout groups
- Student as producer; keeping students active in their learning,
- Empowering student peer sharing and learning.
- To identify activities and behaviour to support student engagement,
How to book
If you would like to attend this training session, please visit the HR training site (https://lncn.ac/training).
To help you find our courses, we recommend you click ‘Book a place‘ then choose ‘ Digital Education – LALT ‘ from the category filter drop down box at the top of the page.