Engaging Students Online
Outline of the session:
This session will demonstrate and share ideas for engaging students in synchronous online virtual classrooms. We will look at types of learning activities during online classes that can support student engagement and foster a community of learning. This session is not tool specific and will look at the concept of planning and delivering an engaging online class.
We will look at key activities such as:
- Kick-starting dialogue through polls,
- Productive use of time in breakout groups,
- Student as producer; keeping students active in their learning,
- Empowering student peer sharing and learning.
- To identify activities and behaviours to support student engagement.
How to book
Bookings should be made through your MyView account, just log on and go to:
- My Training and Development.
- New Course Booking.
You can search for the course by entering key words from the title. Alternatively, if you select ‘Digital Education’ under ‘type’ and click the ‘search’ button, this will show you all of our courses. Please be aware that to book a course you first click on the title, then select the date. Once this is done, click book.