Setting up Blackboard for Teaching
Outline of session:
This introductory session will provide an overview of Blackboard, the University Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and how to prepare your site ready for teaching. It is suitable for staff who are new to Blackboard or who are looking to have a refresher in how Blackboard works. This session will provide an overview of Blackboard, including how you login, the top-level tabs and how you access your module sites. There will be an overview of a module site and a number of key features, including simple content upload, sending announcements and emails. Alongside this the course will also look at how to structure and organise courses to support the student journey and how the VLE can be used to facilitate teaching & learning effectively.
- To have an understanding of how Blackboard works as a new user.
- To understand how to access Blackboard and your module sites.
- To have an overview of how each module site works and the key features including sending announcements, uploading basic content and sending emails.
- To identify key teaching elements to consider when designing your Blackboard site.
How to book
Bookings should be made through your MyView account, just log on and go to:
- My Training and Development.
- New Course Booking.
You can search for the course by entering key words from the title. Alternatively, if you select ‘Digital Education’ under ‘type’ and click the ‘search’ button, this will show you all of our courses. Please be aware that to book a course you first click on the title, then select the date. Once this is done, click book.