Talis Elevate: Introduction/Refresher
Outline of the session:
This workshop aims to provide an introduction or refresher on using Talis Elevate, a social annotation tool which allows students to engage more deeply with learning resources by leaving comments on texts, videos, and images used in the classroom.
We will cover some basic how-tos for those getting started with the platform, the decision-making process for when and why to incorporate Elevate, and will conclude with a discussion and demonstrate of how to use the platform’s analytics features to track student progress and participation.
The session will be delivered as a lecture-demonstration with opportunities for questions and engagement throughout.
- Make an informed decision on whether Talis Elevate suits your teaching.
- Confidently and comfortably use Talis Elevate with your students.
- Know how to use images and videos (as well as texts) in the Elevate platform.
- Be able to use the detailed analytics and reporting within Talis Elevate to track your students’ progress and participation over the course of a module.
How to book
Bookings should be made through your MyView account, just log on and go to:
- My Training and Development.
- New Course Booking.
You can search for the course by entering key words from the title. Alternatively, if you select ‘Digital Education’ under ‘type’ and click the ‘search’ button, this will show you all of our courses.