This is the Poll Everywhere section of the Resources Hub. Poll Everywhere is the live audience response tool used at the University of Lincoln.
On the surface, Poll Everywhere is a simple application that works well for live audiences using mobile devices like phones. People participate by visiting a fast mobile-friendly web page for your event or sending text messages. Instructions are displayed on-screen. The poll that is embedded within the presentation or web page will update in real time.
Advanced uses include gamified competitions and embedding Poll Everywhere questions into your PowerPoint presentation.
To see what type of questions you can create using Poll Everywhere, click here.
Resources & Guides
- Add your Poll Everywhere Activity to a Panopto Video
- Creating a Survey with Poll Everywhere
- Creating Competitions Using Poll Everywhere
- Creating Your First Poll on Poll Everywhere
- Enabling Poll Everywhere PowerPoint Plugin If It’s Not Displayed in the Menu
- Generating reports within Poll Everywhere
- Poll Everywhere Question Types
- Signing Up and Creating an Account with Poll Everywhere
- Tracking Student Progress with ‘Participant’ Accounts
- Trouble Shooting Common Issues on Poll Everywhere
- Using a Poll with Students
- Using the Poll Everywhere PowerPoint Plugin
- What Is Poll Everywhere
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Poll Everywhere work with a variety of Devices?
Poll Everywhere is designed to work with students mobile, tablet and laptop/computers, anyone with a web connection can respond to a poll.
Will I be able to use Poll Everywhere Live in my lecture/seminar?
Poll Everywhere is designed to update in real-tie when results come in. You have control over the time period that students are able to respond for each questions
Can I embed a Poll Everywhere activity into my powerpoint?
There is a Poll Everywhere plugin which can be added to Powerpoint. If you are using University Computers, this will already be available. If you are using your personal computer you will need to download this and add the plugin. You find more information about the Plugin here
If you find that your students are unable to access and respond to polls?
Have you made the poll available? You can do this by clicking the ‘activate’ icon to the right of the poll question you want to use. Remember, if you have grouped polls you only need to make the first poll available. After this, the other polls will be made available automatically as you move through them.
Do the students have the correct address for your poll? Remember, students need to access your poll from a web browser either on a laptop or a table/mobile device. The address will start with pollev.com/ and end with your username.
If you are still experiencing problems, we would recommend following the guide below:
- Jump to question